Three simple ingredients. Cilantro, lime and rice. Doesn’t get much more simple than that! What makes this recipe unique is the use of jasmine rice. I bought President’s Choice Jasmine Rice because it was cheaper than Uncle Ben’s. Turns out, PC’s rice is so much better! The earthy aromas filled my senses the moment I opened the bag. That is when I knew I made the right decision.
This is a great side dish to accompany tacos or fajitas. Next Monday, I will be posting a slow cooked chicken taco recipe that pairs perfectly with this rice so keep an eye out.
What you need:
- (2) cups jasmine rice
- (3) limes
- 1/2 chopped cilantro
- Bring rice and 2 1/2 cups of water to a boil
- Add salt to taste (optional)
- Cook on high until water boils and reduce heat. Cover and cook for another 11 minutes. Stir constantly.
- When you have 5 minutes left, add the zest and juice of 2 limes to the rice
- Stir in cilantro just before you remove from heat
- Allow 5 minutes to cool
- Cut remaining lime into 8 slices for garnish
- This recipe serves 8