These cupcakes are super fun and kids love them! They are perfect for birthday parties or a weekend treat.
What you need:
- Betty Crocker Super Moist Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- 2 Betty Crocker creamy vanilla frosting
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- Neon food colouring kit
- Wilton #4B decorating tip
- 5 ziplock bags
- 1 piping bag
- 1 Wilton pearl dust (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Insert cupcake liners to pan
- Combine cake mix, eggs, oil and water
- Beat vigorously for 3 minutes
- Pour batter into cupcake pan
- Bake in oven for 15-17 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool completely before frosting
Frosting Preparations Instructions
1. Divide frosting evenly into 5 bowls
2. Add food colouring to each bowl and mix well
3. Scoop frosting into ziplock bags, press frosting down to bottom corner, cut corner off with scissors.
4. Place serán wrap on counter and squeeze one line of each colour onto sedan wrap.
5. Roll serán carefully, tieing one end, while cutting the other end off. Insert cut end facing down into piping bag with Wilton decorating tip already inserted.
6. Press frosting down until it begins to come out of the tip.
7. Apply frosting on cupcakes
Optional: Sprinkle on Wilton pearl dust and then blow excess dust off. This gives the cupcakes a “shimmer.”
*This recipe makes 20 cupcakes