This chicken is slow cooked to perfection in a delicious maple and bacon barbecue sauce. It is finished off with a creamy and crunchy kale slaw, and served on a fresh kaiser bun. A perfect meal for game day or a cozy night in.
What you need:
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red onion
- 1 bottle President’s Choice Bacon and Maple Barbecue Sauce
- 340g bag President’s Choice Kale Slaw
- 3/4 cup President’s Choice Creamy Coleslaw dressing
- 6 fresh kaiser buns
- Place chicken, thinly sliced red onion and entire bottle of barbecue sauce in slow cooker
- Cook on low for 7 hours
- With 1 hour remaining on cook time, use two forks to pull apart chicken
- Let cook for final hour
- Combine entire bag of kale slaw with 3/4 cup creamy coleslaw dressing and set aside
- Cut kaiser in half, top with chicken and followed by slaw
*This recipe makes 6 sandwiches.