Comfort food at it’s finest. Loaded with succulent chicken, tender broccoli, rice and a generous amount of cheese. This dish is something the whole family will enjoy!
What you need:
- 5 pieces of thin sliced boneless skinless chicken
- 2 chopped stalks of celery
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 chopped sweet onion
- 2 cans condensed Campbell’s Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 cup shredded old cheddar
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 Pillsbury Crescent roll tube
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook chicken covered, for 25 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, sauté chopped onions, celery and garlic on medium heat.
- Chop broccoli up leaving a bit of stem and steam in a pot for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Cook rice as well during this time. You will need 1 1/2 cups of cooked rice. I used Uncle Ben’s Quick Cook Rice and followed the instructions on the box. This took approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Cut cooked chicken into cubes.
- Combine cubed chicken, steamed broccoli, rice, sautéed vegetables and two cans of Campbell’s Cream of Chicken soup in large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Set oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish and press down evenly, distributing the ingredients.
- Unroll crescents as one large sheet and place over top of chicken mixture. Sprinkle on italian seasoning (optional.)
- Bake casserole for 17-20 minutes or until crescent is golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!