This chickpea salad is loaded with fresh vegetables and is packed with healthy fibre. Basil Parmesan vinaigrette by President’s Choice is the perfect dressing to compliment this salad. If you cannot find this salad dressing, a mediterranean vinaigrette would do just fine.
This is a great option if you are avoiding processed carbs or, looking for a healthy side dish for lunch or dinner. This salad keeps well in the fridge for four days, so it is perfect for meal prepping!
What you need:
- 2 540ml cans of chickpeas
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 english cucumber, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 large yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup loosely chopped curly parsley
- 1 cup President’s Choice Basil Parmesan salad dressing
- Drain chickpeas and rinse under cold water. Pat to dry.
- Combine in a bowl chickpeas, diced onions, peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, along with olives, feta and parsley.
- Add 1 cup of Basil Parmesan dressing. I like things saucy, just like my four year old. (For those who are not big sauce people add between 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of dressing.
- Mix well and refrigerate for minimum of 2 hours before serving. (This allows the vinaigrette to be absorbed by the chickpeas and vegetables.)
- Garnish with fresh, chopped curly parsley and enjoy!