It’s moving day in our house. Moving is exhausting, physically (my husband would know best) and emotionally (my expertise). There are a few things that are guaranteed on such a day; lots of tears, back pain and indulging in way too much beer and junk food. Cue. Baked Spinach & Artichoke Dip. Easy to prepare and always a crowd pleaser. Fret not, this dip can be prepared the day before. When hunger strikes, pop it in the oven and smell the delicious aromas as they fill the air.
What you need:
- 1 pkg Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 227g container Philadelphia Garlic and Herb Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pkg frozen, chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- corn chips or crackers
- Allow frozen spinach to thaw at room temperature, pat excess water with paper towel.
- Let cream cheese soften at room temperature.
- Add brick of cream cheese, garlic and herb cream cheese, parmesan, mozzarella, spinach, artichokes, red onion and pepper to a mixing bowl.
- On low speed, using a hand held mixer, slowly add sour cream to bowl. This will result in a smooth consistency.
- Pour spinach and artichoke dip into a baking dish (I used a disposable one for easy clean up).
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and garnish with chopped green onions.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve with corn chips or your favourite crackers.