A healthy alternative to your burger craving. These turkey burgers are best barbecued, but they also taste good in the frying pan. Top it with your favourite cheese, vegetables and sauces. This recipe makes four patties.
What you need:
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 medium spanish onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup loosely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs poultry seasoning
- 1 tbs powdered chicken stock
- Sautee onions and celery over low heat.
- Add turkey, onions, celery, parsley, bread crumbs, egg, stock mix and seasoning to a bowl. Mix well.
- Using the side of your hand, divide turkey mixture into four sections. *Make an ‘X’
- Spray cooking spray on frying pan and add patties. Fry on low-medium heat until fully cooked. Add your favourite cheese. I used PC’s Smoked Cheddar Cheese.
- Grab a bun and garnish that burger! My favourite toppings are red onion, romaine, roma tomato slices, dill pickles and tzatziki sauce.