These chicken souvlaki sandwiches are loaded with marinated chicken, fresh crunchy vegetables, salty feta and creamy tzatziki. Marinating the meat overnight is key to getting the juiciest chicken while maximizing the flavour. Indulge all you want. These are so worth the carbs. This recipe serves 6.
What you need:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle greek souvlaki marinade
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 green pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 1 english cucumber
- 1 large roma tomato
- 1 container Yogurt Tzatziki dip
- crumbled feta cheese
- pitted, sliced black olives
- 6 pocketless whole wheat greek pita
- Thinly slice chicken breasts. Marinate in greek souvlaki dressing and lemon juice overnight in a bowl.
- Spray frying pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fry marinated chicken on medium heat until cooked all the way through.
- Prepare toppings. Thinly slice pepper, onion, cucumber and tomato. Drain olives and crumble feta. Set vegetables and cheese aside.
- Warm pita in the microwave for approximately 20-30 sec.
- Spread yogurt tzatziki across entire pita.
- Next, top pita with fresh vegetables, chicken and cheese.
- Fold sandwich in half and enjoy!
Don’t forget napkins!